How to Ensure Your Product Codes Are Readable
This white paper details the different types of codes found on products and the factors which need to be understood when creating an effective inspection program to drastically decrease the risk of a recall and improve consumer satisfaction.
Implementing quality controls for product labels and codes is a vital process, as labels are a critical component of product packaging. It is not just the last chance for manufacturers to impart important information such as allergen warnings, expiration date and instructions for use but also inventory management and tracking information.
The white paper covers 5 main areas:
- What are the basics of product packaging coding?
- How are 1D and 2D codes read?
- How does optical character verification work?
- How does optical character recognition work?
- Which code design elements need to be considered?