Practical Tips for Metal Detection Selection
Food manufacturers have to be able to meet the requirements of Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) and the broader needs of industry regulations and standards. This needs to be achieved without the worry of generating costly false rejects and unnecessary product waste, and perhaps more importantly, costly product recalls. This is where selecting the right metal detection technology is key, making it possible to move beyond simply detecting and rejecting metal, to supporting productivity, compliance and brand protection aims.
Understanding how the technology works, and the capabilities different solutions have to support wider productivity and compliance needs can help manufacturers make an informed decision to maximize their return on investment.
This guide offers practical tips on how to choose the right metal detection system for your product and application. Topics include:
· Understanding how metal detectors work
· Options for inspecting products at different Critical Control Points (CCPs)
· Spherical sensitivity and non-spherical metal contaminants
· Operating frequency options for effective use in dry and wet applications
· Overcoming product effect to avoid false rejects and costly product waste
· Additional factors that can impact overall performance